Throughout the years, I’ve worked in different countries and various settings in Greece, Turkey, USA, and Barbados.
Here is some of my work:
ARCHIVES AND LIBRARIES
- Documenting Barbadian Voices: Digitization of Ephemera Collection (info)
- Collaboration for developing the “Barbados ‘Runaway Slaves’ Digital Collection” (blog posts)
- Digitization of “The Barbadian” newspaper (info)
- Documentation of the Sidney Martin Library Collection, University of West Indies, Cave Hill Campus (info)
- Digitization of “The Barbados Mercury Gazette” (info) (blog posts)
- Barbados Synagogue Restoration Project Records (info)
- Project at US Holocaust Memorial Museum, Washington DC, USA: Developed the Finding Aid for record group RG-43.058M, “Selected Records from the Departmental Archives de la Haute-Garonne” (in French). The collection consists of 18 reels of about 36,000 pages of microfilmed material. Please see here.
EXHIBITS AND MUSEUMS
I have performed various duties as a curator in the following museums:
- B’nai B’rith Klutznick National Jewish Museum and Philip Lax Archives, Washington DC, USA
- Jewish Museum of Florida, Miami Beach, FL, USA
- Jewish Museum of Istanbul, Turkey
EVENTS AND OUTREACH
- 2020 Creative workshops to engage the public in exploring digitized newspapers and runaway ads. (info)
- 2019 Public workshops for crowdsourcing transcriptions of ‘runaway slaves’ ads in colonial newspapers. (info)
- 2019 “Decolonizing the Archival Record: Launch of The Barbados Runaway Slaves Digital Collection.” Organized a series of workshops to launch the digital archive and presented on using the ads for historical research and digital projects.
- 2019 Omeka workshop: “Diversifying the Historical Record through Jewish Community-based Archives.” Association for Jewish Libraries (AJL), Los Angeles, CA.
- 2018 “Digitizing for Access: Promoting the Use of our Collections.” Digitization workshop at the Barbados National Library Service. 2018 Finding aid workshop. Sidney Martin Library, University of West Indies, Cave Hill, Barbados.
- 2017 “Collaborative Finding Aid Workshop.” Barbados Archives. (info)